The default payment completion date is usually the next available weekday after the processing period. Here are some helpful facts:
- When a customer schedules a payment, they will be shown the date of withdrawal and the date the payment is received by the biller.
- Credit and debit payments will spend 1 business day processing before being sent to the biller.
- ACH payments made with account and routing numbers will spend 3 business days processing before being sent to the biller.
- Once the biller has the payment, it will take up to 2 business days for the provider to post it to the customer’s account. This is the “pay on” date displayed by doxo.
- Withdrawals will be posted by the customers bank the day after the payment begins processing. This is the withdrawal date displayed by doxo.
The best reference for customers is the doxo payment confirmation emails, which specify each of the following:
- Pay by: This date is the date by which the biller should have acknowledged the customer payment.
- Withdraw on: This is the date funds are removed from the customers bank account.
Payments are withdrawn before the date of completion; this is perfectly normal and necessary for a payment. If the biller does not reflect the payment by the day after the payment date, customers should contact doxo support, and we'll be happy to help figure out the problem.
Billers can speed up the process for all payments made by customers by going direct as a doxoDirect Provider. To learn more contact firstname.lastname@example.org.